The Daily Mail is reporting that a law student was hospitalised for eight days with a life-threatening internal bleeding after her Snowball drink was spiked at a house party.
Read more at: Law student, 20, was hospitalised for eight days with life-threatening internal bleeding after her Snowball drink was spiked at a house party
Emily Haig, 20, who studies at Newcastle's Northumbria University, believes the unidentified substance was slipped into her beverage when she wasn't looking...
It left her so dangerously ill she spent eight days in hospital. Severe internal bleeding meant that she needed an urgent blood transfusion.
After recovering at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary, Miss Haig, from Maryport, Cumbria, said: 'The person who did this should be ashamed...
'If people want to take drugs, that's up to them, but they shouldn't inflict that on somebody else. I'm lucky to be alive.'
'I didn't even put my drink down. Somebody dropped something into it when I wasn't looking. Some people think it's hilarious to do this.
'But it's not funny. They had no idea how I'd react. If my father hadn't found me when he did, I would have died.'